OK, So Here's The Deal...

A Marine Major, Running Fool, and All-Around Smart-Ass.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Sunday at the Groses

Computer work work, work, work, work……..

“Hey, let’s take the kids to a movie” says Carrie.

“OK.”

Computer work work, work, work, work……..

“We need to leave in 15 minutes.”

“Should I take a shower?”

“Um YEAH!”

So then what happens? I jump in the shower and get ready in record time, ready to go to the movie but where do I find my son?

Computer work work, work, work, work……..

“LET’S GO!”

“Wait, Dad! I almost…”

Oh. No. He Didn’t.

“If you are not down here in the next 10 seconds, I’m taking away your internet connection for the rest of the day!”

POOF.

Pissed.

So now he’s all pissed off on the way to the movie and I’m pissed off right back at him. Exactly mirroring us is the mirrored females of the group: Carrie and Stephanie nervous and quiet.

A wonderful start to going to the movies with my family.

I didn’t get over it until about ¾ of the way through the movie. We watched “Eragon” and it didn’t take long before I was convinced I needed to read these books. I’m such a sucker for these boy destined to be a hero movies. Plus, with the “Scar” voice from Jeremy Irons, how can you go wrong?

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

6 Comments:

  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger NSC said…

    I enjoyed Eragon with my youngest son. I thought it was a great movie in fact. But I have been surprised at how many people didn't like it.

    Your family getting ready to go somewhere sounds like mine - only not as volatile - LOL

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger 212degreedesigns said…

    wow...

    your just getting lip from everyone aren't you?

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger Viper said…

    nsc, people can go pound sand, it was good.

    It doesn't help that we only have 2 people in the family: Carrie and her clone and me and mine.

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Viper said…

    212,

    Yeah, jump on th pile.

     
  • At 6:09 PM, Blogger Killjoy said…

    Ha. Totally reminds me of that time we went to the movies to see that DaVinci Code movie and when we were leaving we were all "COME ON, JASON" and YOU were all pissy because we made you rush. Remember that?

    Loser.

    Brian read these books and I never made more fun of him. Except for when he was reading those "Man Romance novels". I can't remember the name of those though. Don't tell him I told you that.

     
  • At 6:39 PM, Blogger Viper said…

    Killjoy,

    I have no idea what you are talking about. You are a dirty, filthy liar and I only treat my family with respect, patience, and complete understanding.

    And I'm telling Brian everything, even how you broke his truck, lost his IPod, and moonlighted as a stripper-gram model when he was in Iraq.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home