OK, So Here's The Deal...

A Marine Major, Running Fool, and All-Around Smart-Ass.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Bonilla The Gorilla

I live a surreal life.

Go read this first to understand why getting the email below today just about floored me.

AT THE TIME YOU GET THIS MSG, I HOPE YOU ARE STANDING AT ATTENTION AFTER YOU READ THE SUBJECT!

How are you doing sir? It is good to see or hear from one of your fellow Marines especially one whom you had a chance to make a positive impact on.

This was a good reading material, as you can probably imagine I had the entire family read it and every one was impressed not only with the story, but with your writing also. My oldest son (24 school teacher) said that he knows exactly what you're talking about in your article. Well I’m very proud of your accomplishments in your life. I talked to Sergio and we are going to get together and send you some pictures. I made Gysgt and then had to get out for personal reasons, but I still love the USMC.

I’m a drivers license examiner for the state of NC, can you imaging that? Some of the young drivers get to see the gorilla once in a while when they fail the driving test, but somehow they all ways come back and request me for their second test and it drives my fellow workers crazy because they can’t understand why them young marines insist in coming back to see me, and I tell them that it's that EGA in my heart. Stay in touch.

Semper Fi!
Gysgt USMC Vet.
I did it my way and I’m proud of it.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home