OK, So Here's The Deal...

A Marine Major, Running Fool, and All-Around Smart-Ass.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Fellow Nerd


I had to post this part and parcel because it was so classic. Props go out to LCpl Dristy:

My family will be the first to tell you that I'm the ultimate nerd. I love everything about comptuer systems, programming, and the web.

Here's a new low, even for the likes of me:

I was bored tonight, so I started mucking around with Google. Here's what I've found.

For a little background real quick on what I'm about to show ya, go here. Once you're done reading that, go to Google and type in (without the quotes) "answer to life the universe and everything" and then search. You will be amazed by the result.

Type in "failure" and click "I'm Feeling Lucky!". (This is not a political statement by Google, it's done by linking the site with the word failure hundreds of times, this was probably set up by people who dislike him). These are known as Googlebombs.

Type in (again, without the quotes) "french military victories" and click I'm Feeling Lucky.

Type in elgoog and click I'm Feeling Lucky. (I like this one.)

You can view the Google page (ON the Google site) in many different languages/dialects. Try L33t, Klingon, Swedish Chef, Elmer Fudd, and Pig Latin.

Ok, I know I need a life. Don't judge me. :P

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

16 Comments:

  • At 7:10 AM, Blogger Killjoy said…

    Where is your wife during all of this? Sitting alone somewhere, I'll bet. Carrie, crack the whip. Or do that other thing I told you to do.

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How about Google playfights, where you punch in two words and see which wins? You could try, given your predilections, "Viper" v. "Killjoy" and see which got more votes; or "fit" v. "fat," or "military" v. "civilian," or "Fick" v. "Jarhead", etc., etc. It is funny and cute and yields some surprising results. When Mark Cuban -- hope you know who he is -- was in his Trump-bashing phase, I did a playfight between Cuban and Trump and he TRUMPED Trump bigtime. Then sent him the results, and he laughed his head off.

    This will be right up your alley:
    http://www.googlefight.com/

    Said by another person who needs to get a life, outside of the one I have with the glowing box.

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Viper said…

    God, do you even read these things, Chip Dip? Read the first line or, hey, here's an idea, go OVER to LCPL D's site and read the original.

    And you say Pickler is is a few pigsfeet short of a picnic.

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger CoastingThroughTheSouth said…

    Sir,

    not that i agree with it, but it is funny

    "weapons of mass destruction" --->I'm feeling lucky

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Blogger CoastingThroughTheSouth said…

    excuse me, I'm sorry, that one no longer works aparently

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sir,

    I think it's funny how when YOU post this, it gets more comments than when I posted it haha. Thanks for the props!

    -LCpl D.

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger Killjoy said…

    Viper, I know your family knows you're a nerd. EVERYONE knows you're a nerd. My point was, quit playing on the computer, NERDBOY!

     
  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger Viper said…

    Ryan, you really Killjoy'ed that one.

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Viper said…

    LCpl D, don't feel bad, it's just me and Killjoy showing our mutual disdain for each other.

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Viper said…

    Chip Dip, nice try. Not really but I thought I'd say it anyway.

     
  • At 7:47 AM, Blogger Killjoy said…

    Whoa, did you just say Killjoy'ed? Rock. \m/

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger Viper said…

    Yeah, Killjoy (kil' joy): v. to screw up beyond all possible imagination as to render something a pitifull shell of initial intention.

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Killjoy said…

    Whatever. I never screw anything up.

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Viper said…

    Lily, I've heard of Googlewhacking but never Google fights. Not that anyone is counting but Viper gets 29,400,000 and Killjoy got a meager 824,000.

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger Killjoy said…

    Viper, I've let this go for like 4 days, but you keep insisting on showing the world that you are a nerd. I bet you're going to start making fun of someone's poor dead cross-walking grandma now!

     
  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger Viper said…

    Chip Dip, I think I've received enough hate mail for one day so I'll let this slide.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home