OK, So Here's The Deal...

A Marine Major, Running Fool, and All-Around Smart-Ass.

Monday, July 04, 2005

From The Silence

Yep, Folks, I know. But I've been busy vacationing.

You assume I'm just sitting around, reading, eating ice cream, and testing my theory that I can actually sleep 20 hours per day. That's about what I thought too but to my surprise, it's been quite the opposite.

The good news is that I've almost kept up with my blog. OK, well almost caught up and then almost kept up. This is amazing that I'm not way ahead because I'm spending a few hours each morning at Starbuck's typing away but alas, that just means longer posts.

Some quick shots:

I saw the Mariners beat Texas 40 rows behind home plate.

I met The Peanut Guy (a famous vender that's been slingin' peanuts since I was a little kid).

I saw the marathon course and was horrified to see that it is one of the hilliest courses out of the 12 I've run. It's gonna be a tough race.

I spent $120 on an Alanis Morissette ticket: 3rd row center. And it's on the night of marathon day so I should be drooling by then.

I spent $90 at the Indian reservation for fireworks. Part of it was going in with the rest of the family and we ended up with a couple of hundred dollars worth. We will be able to invade a small country if we choose to.

Other than that, I've been doing a lot of visiting, a lot of running, a lot of eating, more drinking than I should, and kicking back at Starbuck's every morning trying to capture my days.

And eating my weight in cherries.

I'm also suffering through painfully slow dial-up at my in-laws so I don't know how often I will be able to post. Also, they use AOL and don't even have IE on their computer.

I hate AOL.
I hate AOL.
I hate AOL.
I hate AOL.
I hate AOL.
I hate AOL.
I hate AOL.
I hate AOL.
I hate AOL.
I hate AOL.

OK, gotta go.

Happy Independence Day, everyone.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

3 Comments:

  • At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Let me know which Starbucks you are at and I'll buy :)

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger Killjoy said…

    Do you know how much fun you could have at Apple.com with $120.00? Loser. For shame.

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger Viper said…

    OK, first of all, Killjoy, I would pay double that just to take a big steamer on the main site's crApple logo. Shown in real time. Webcam. And archived.

    viperbuttdump.wmv

    Second, the tix fell through but you'll just have to wait for the post.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home