OK, So Here's The Deal...

A Marine Major, Running Fool, and All-Around Smart-Ass.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Let The Over-Analyzation Begin!

I just couldn't call myself a blogger if I didn't make mention of the Michael Jackson verdict.

I almost feel stupid because I know that every schmuck with a keyboard is jumping onto this bandwagon. But they will revoke my blogging license if I don't say something.

First, I don't really care about the entire thing. Did he do it? Maybe. Was justice served? I don't know. Did he get acquitted? Yep. So he's free. Free to go molest an entire new generation of young boys, or at least be accused of doing so.

What bothers me more is the media frenzy. Now that's some sick shit! We all will be subjected to weeks of analysis, debate, conjecture, and repetitive reactions until the turnip has finally given up the blood. Brace yourselves, folks.

And why do they do this? Because enough of the population will soak it up, will hang on every morsel of coverage and then piss and moan about "The Circus."

And yes, I know I am adding to this and I'm disgusted with myself. Its like that old argument about quantum physics: you cannot know both position and speed because observing both would alter the measurements.

So I will leave it at that. I'll just wait for it to die down and try to ignore the magazines who have just been guaranteed a year's worth of diarrhea splatter for their rags.

(Notice I didn't succumb to witty references to Thriller, Man In the Mirror, or even Beat It?)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

5 Comments:

  • At 5:24 AM, Blogger Killjoy said…

    When I was driving to VA I was trying to make a complete 100 things about Christie. I only got to 11, but one of those 11 was: I have a list of words that I hate.

    You used one of those words in this post. Egads, man.

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks to Jim Lehrer and the Newshour, I've heard Jackson's name on the news twice:

    1) When he was arrested, a couple of years ago.

    2) When he was acquitted, a couple of days ago.

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Viper said…

    OK, here are my guesses, Killjoy:

    schmuck
    molest
    shit
    piss
    diarrhea

    And just for good measure, you might have some irrational aversion to "turnip."

    Listing all those words in the order I found them, it does make me think twice about all of the "naughty" words I used in such a small post. I must be deranged or something. Now if they were all in one sentence, I'd have to go by the name "Dove."

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger Leesa said…

    I feel the same way. I don't want to hear about Michael Jackson, or Tom Cruise or Katie Holmes or even more so, Mary Kay Letourneau!! Who cares!!

     
  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger Viper said…

    Leesa,

    How did you know how to spell Letourneau?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home