OK, So Here's The Deal...

A Marine Major, Running Fool, and All-Around Smart-Ass.

Friday, November 04, 2005

1968

I'm not ashamed to announce that tomorrow is my 37th birthday so let me hear it. None of you know my address so I will eventually forgive the massive lack of presents.

I will get my yearly phone call from my mother who will tell me that she remembers watching Johnny Carson when she went into labor and how I was such a beautiful baby.

Then she will claim she was 3 years old since she is 40 now.

I will remind my Dad in about a month that it was my birthday in November and I will get chastised for not reminding him. Then he will promise to send a card or something, of which I will never see.

I will get 5 phonecalls from my wife's family (she's the oldest of 5 so the other4 will call plus her parents).

I will get Power Point presentations from the kids and of course, Buster will nudge me in the crotch like a damn dolphin. I know this becasue it will not only be my birthday, but a normal day.

Then I will bitch and moan about having to accept that I'm no longer in my mid-thirties but then I will realize that not only did I make it to 37 but I'm only 37.

It will be a happy birthday.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

6 Comments:

  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger O! said…

    Don't whine. I actually DID know tomorrow's your birthday.

    And yes, I will devour a chocolate babka in honor of the splendid event.

    And don't just so arrogantly assume I don't know where you live. I KNOW EVERYTHING! Except the decoherence patterns of tubulin under different gravitational conditions, the social implications of degraded American psalmody, and where you live.

     
  • At 4:37 AM, Blogger Viper said…

    o!: Thanks for the early morning chuckle and thank you.

     
  • At 6:30 AM, Blogger a.maria said…

    happy birthday man! hope you have a great one.... 37 ain't nuthin... i'm gunna be 26 soon. now THATS old ;)

     
  • At 6:39 AM, Blogger Viper said…

    a.maria: thanks for the happy birthday. As for the rest... good lUCK with your MOUve.

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    Ha!! Happy Birthday, Captain!! Go get a tattoo or something crazy like that...
    ~L.

     
  • At 8:15 AM, Blogger Viper said…

    Laura: I did, it's right on my lower back with an arrow pointing down and says "One Way!"

    Ghost: Thanks, Ghost. The PME? I go, I take notes, I wait for the second hand to sweep the clock.

    Chris: yeah, you were still cookin'.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home