OK, So Here's The Deal...

A Marine Major, Running Fool, and All-Around Smart-Ass.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Crazy (Like A Shithouse Rat!)

I just heard a remake of Seal's "Crazy" on the radio and couldn't figure out who was singing it.

So off to the magic box I went and I was appalled to discover it was Alanis Morissette. Not because I don't like her or that she did a poor job but because as a true Alanis fan, I did not pick her unique voice out right away. After I knew, well, of course.

And Alanis singing a song called "Crazy." Yeah, that's about right.

I like her. I like her music. But I still think she's somewhere around batshit crazy and verifiably head-fookified.

I really like this version; the song seemed to be made for her voice, her insanity, and she even stays true to Seal's vocal details (another artist I think has incredible music to match his voice but not so rubber-room worthy).

I also saw the video and it's classic Alanis: scarily in-your-face Alanis. It has a twist at the end that I will not give away but again, totally Ms. M-Is-For-Monkeyshit-Crazy.

Anyway, here is a great review I saw on the song that I have to agree with:

Alanis does a nifty remake of Seal's big one that's phat and phunky in the verses and suitably hookified in the chorus. The vid is a psycho-ex girlfriend tour de force with a twist.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

4 Comments:

  • At 5:57 AM, Blogger a.maria said…

    mmm. love that song/video! and i changed the hooah thing, fyi....
    who knew they were different?! (besides people in the army/marines...)

    so yeahhhh...sorry 'bout that!

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger Viper said…

    Thanks for changing it, I'll go check it out.

    And should I be frightened that you like the song? Identify with the crazy bitch, do ya?

     
  • At 8:55 PM, Blogger a.maria said…

    oh please, she's just....expressive! ;)

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger Viper said…

    Just like Chuckie Manson.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home