OK, So Here's The Deal...

A Marine Major, Running Fool, and All-Around Smart-Ass.

Friday, November 11, 2005

A Happy Marine Corps Birthday Indeed

On the 230th Marine Corps Birthday, I was privileged to have coffee with my Senior Drill Instructor, now a retired Sergeant Major who works in the next building over. What an honor it was to sit and talk with the man who made me a Marine!!!

Then I called the Rose Garden DI, Chuck Taliano and talked to him for a bit.

Later, I called and talked to another one of my Drill Instructors, Top Garcia.

I called my best friend while I was in the Gulf War, Rob Doyle, who got out and became a doctor.

I called someone who has contact with R. Lee Ermey and asked him to give him a call for me to wish him a happy birthday.

I called a good friend who was in Monterey with me and later went to Iraq.

I TRIED to get in touch with my enlisted mentor but he was working. Damn pogue!

I went over to my first boss’s (as an Officer) house and had a couple of shots of Jim Beam.

We then called the other two of The Four Horsemen (Major Bash who is recruiting and LtCol Norquist who is in Lejuene).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

6 Comments:

  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    I don't make that many phone calls in a week.
    ~L.

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger O! said…

    I did homework...


    okay, fine, I didn't.

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Viper said…

    laura, I usually don't make this many calls in a month. But come on, it's THE Birthday!

    o!: your honesty is as freshing as your lack of discipline is disappointing.

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger O! said…

    Homefry, that didn't make any sense!

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger Viper said…

    "refreshing"

     
  • At 7:51 AM, Anonymous NOPD Blues said…

    Happy Birthday Marine.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home