OK, So Here's The Deal...

A Marine Major, Running Fool, and All-Around Smart-Ass.

Monday, May 23, 2005

Back From running

I ran at lunch and you know what? Running hurts.

OK, maybe I was just being lazy but after yesterday, the run just didn't go over all that well. Six miles in the heat of the day and my legs had the following conversation with me:

"Hey, dickhead."
"What?"
"We ran 18 yesterday and now you want to do this?"
"Come on guys, we're getting ready for a marathon."
"You didn't feed us, either."
"sorry, had meetings all morning and..."
"Yeah, yeah, yeah. shut the hell up."
(Legs get mouthy on runs they don't want to participate in)

I got back just in time to get back into my uniform and attend a meeting where I sweat profusely. Ahhh, the sweet approach of summer in Virginia.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Killjoy said…

    You should go North then, I hear it's rather cold up there these days.

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger Viper said…

    Cold bad.

    Heat: lesser of two evils.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home