OK, So Here's The Deal...

A Marine Major, Running Fool, and All-Around Smart-Ass.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Pumped in the Gas

I had half a tank of gas when on my recent trip and had to get home. It would take a full tank so I had to succumb to paying the spiked prices during the only time it would be this high.

The first station had only premium. Fuck that.

The second one had a sign that said you had to prepay and had a $35 maximum. This made me pissed because other than the obvious, they didn't even trust us enough to use a credit card outside. That REALLY peeved me even more.

Here is the conversation inside:

Me: I need to fill it up.
Her: How much?
Me: I don't know. Until it's full.
Her: How many gallons you want?
Me: Look, I DON'T KNOW. I have half a tank so I'll need half more.
Her: There is a $35 max.

At this point I was about to stangle her and by the looks of it, she reflected the sentiment.

Me: Just turn it on and I will sign for the amount.
Her: I CAN'T TURN ON THE PUMP UNTIL YOU TELL ME HOW MUCH YOU'LL NEED.

God, was this woman retarded?

Me: Fine, how about $30. I won't use that much.
Her: If you don't come back in and I'll give you cash for the difference.

This conversation rang through my head as I paid $3.30 per gallon. And it sooooo pissed me off.

First, that I have to pay such robbery prices. Second, they don't trust you enough to pay with credit from outside. And third, I get treated like shit by the very person who's taking my money.

I used $25 but to top it all off, the auto-stop didn't work so as I stood there brewing, gas started squirting all over the place when it was full. At these proces I must have spilled almost a dollar's worth.

And then I had to go in and get a five spot back from Ms. Highway Robbery Special Ed. I very easily could have punched her hard right in the face. It took me five hours on the road to calm down.

This pic kinda sums it all up. Thanks Laura.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

5 Comments:

  • At 7:51 AM, Blogger Killjoy said…

    You act like you're the only one paying these prices. We're all suffering, yo. We're all getting robbed. My friend just called and told me it cost her husband $75.00 to fill up his truck. His work truck. The truck he NEEDS to work to make money so he can fill the truck back up. To work. For more money. To fill up...

    Suck it up, buttercup, and get in line for the gravy train.

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Viper said…

    Killjoy,

    You are forgetting the first rule of blogging: the ability to bitch about how things are affecting you. If I only posted about the things that ONLY affect me, we wouldn't have blogs now, would we?

    It's called "current events" and blogs give a voice to the average Joe.

    Don't make me go all technical on you.

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Killjoy said…

    Dear Average Joe,

    Suck it up, buttercup.

    And I didn't realize this was a "current events" blog.

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger a.maria said…

    ay pobrecito... would you like some cheese with that WHA-WHA-WHIIIIIINE?!

     
  • At 5:19 PM, Blogger Viper said…

    Of all the stuff I've written, I have no idea why I'm getting so much SHIT about this particular post.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home