OK, So Here's The Deal...

A Marine Major, Running Fool, and All-Around Smart-Ass.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Worst Blunder Ever

When I run, like I did by hopping back into the proverbial saddle again after the other day's ankle follies, I have a weird word association thought stream going and this is where it led me today.

I heard U2's In the Name Of Love which I didn't know until a few years ago was actually about Martin Luther King.

In the Name Of Love
Martin Luther King
Martin Luther King Day celebration
Worst blunder ever.

It seems that a city in Florida was presenting the actor James Earl Jones (Darth Vader, Mufasa, etc.) with a plaque commerating the memory of Martin Luther King.

Problem was, here was the plaque.


Could it get worse than that?

And it's all true, read about it here.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

  • At 7:08 AM, Blogger Viper said…

    There are few worse blunders I can think of. I think the JEJ handled it tactfully, though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home