OK, So Here's The Deal...

A Marine Major, Running Fool, and All-Around Smart-Ass.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

18 Years

It was on this day.

I flew from Seattle to San Diego.

I was scared.

The night got no better.

There were real nightmares waiting for me.

I was not good enough.

I was not fast enough.

I could do nothing right.

They yelled at me for everything.

They took everything I brought.

Even my hair.

I got two hours of sleep. That seemed like 2 minutes.

It was my birthday.

Not from my mother's womb.

But the birth of a Marine.

It just took 3 months to prove it.

18 years.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

  • At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How did you know I needed this today?

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Viper said…

    Didn't you know? I'm psycic.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home