OK, So Here's The Deal...

A Marine Major, Running Fool, and All-Around Smart-Ass.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Run, Jason, RUN!!!!

I'M RUNNING THE 2005 MARINE CORPS MARATHON TOMORROW. CLICK HERE TO SEE WHAT IS GOING TO GET ME TO THE FINISH LINE.

Also, here is the email I sent out today:

Friends and Family,

Well, as some of you know, I’m running the Marine Corps Marathon tomorrow (Sunday) and I’m just settling up the last of the preparations today.

If you want to track me, there are a few ways to do it. I’ve signed a few of you up for it already but as far as I can tell, here are some ways to see how I’m doing while I’m doing (or NOT doing) it:

My bib number, if you need it, is 9836. My start time is 0815 and I’m shooting for 4:30 or faster and of course, to survive.

(I lifted the descriptions off the website)

1. Map Track - new feature

This new feature allows spectators to track a runner on a simplified Course Map and follow their progress as they run the race. Their position on the course will be projected in real-time along the course map using their latest pace data. A status bar keeps track of the runner's progress and is updated with new pace information every time a runner crosses a split location. It's the next best thing to being at the event.

(I think you have to get to this through the marathon website: http://www.marinemarathon.com/)

2. Remote Runner Tracking (Race Alerts)

Keep track of your runner from any location. Get split times and finish information instantly on a pager, text messaging number or e-mail. Click here to sign up. This is a free service.

(Make sure you register and then put in the confirmation code they send you for this to work).

3. Click here for live video views (You must have mpeg viewer, 28MB file)

4. Live Results

The Marine Corps Marathon will transmit LIVE splits and finishing times to the internet. Each runner’s time at designated checkpoints during the race will be transmitted to our website hosted by ActiveNetwork.

OK, end of commercial. Wish me luck and if you check out any of these tracking capabilities, you will know how I did when I do. If not, I’ll have my blog updated in a couple of days to let you know how it went.

Semper Fi.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

5 Comments:

  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger O! said…

    Bizzle's sister is running it too...Godspeed to both of you!!!

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    Good luck today!
    ..but you ain't got no legs, Lt. Dan...
    ~L.

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger Viper said…

    O!,

    Bizz,e? Really? And he/she ANSWERS to that?

    If i had the strength right now, I'd be ashamed for you.

    But thanks for the well-wishes. I didn't go "Godspeed", maybe one of the low Aposles or even some guy named Burt who never really got a mention in the Bible.

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Viper said…

    Ghost,

    I think you meant "tales" but who am I to edit?

    Sent you one what? Oh, the notices... no but you were on the mass email so that should count for something.

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger Viper said…

    Laura,

    You don't know how apt that comment was. I'm gonna have a big old long complaint blog about the wheelchair racers.

    Their condition not withstanding, they were on the whole... dicks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home