OK, So Here's The Deal...

A Marine Major, Running Fool, and All-Around Smart-Ass.

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Glo Bowl Me

Lately I’ve been chastised by a certain blogging “friend” who will go unnamed by rhymes with Killjoy, for not keeping up with my other blog.

Blogging about blogging. What has this world come to? Could it get worse? Yes, specifically now I’m blogging about the EXPLANATION which I’ve blogged about before.

I get behind because my other blog is more of a journal. I take notes when I haven’t the time to keep up. I use the notes to write accounts of the day as I remember them. It’s so when I get old (OK, oldER), I will have an account of that day. Plus, I’m so verbose (there, I admit it, happy?) that it takes considerable effort to keep up with the daily journal.

So, to keep up with the Killjones, here is what happened last night.

Killjoy can’t bowl. And I mean “can’t bowl” like puppies can’t do Kung-Fu. Now Claire has potential, with all the anger and the random throwing style to include over her head, the kid’s got the makings.

They joined us for some Glo-bowling last night at the base and we all had a good time, other than the fact I felt like I was at a hip-hop concert. It’s scary that Killjoy knew all the words. Very scary.

Carrie held her own and even managed to come close to ¾ my score. (tee hee). Alex was not in top form and Steph actually beat him both games. It was the first time she beat him at all and in the second game, she beat everyone. (Allow me to point out that I sat out the second game and just heckled.)

My low point was when I was goofing around with Claire who was playing a little game of hide from Mr. Jason. I saw her lurking around a corner and grabbed her, hoisted her up, and carried her to where we were bowling. Well, how was I to know she didn’t know it was me? It was too loud to hear her blood-curdling screams and when I put her down, she went crying to momma.

Oops.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

4 Comments:

  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger Killjoy said…

    Must be all the "Claire, stay with me or someone WILL GRAB YOU AND NEVER LET YOU COME BACK TO ME AGAIN AND THEY WILL DO BAD THINGS TO YOU AND I WILL DIE OF A BROKEN HEART BECAUSE I DIDN'T PROPERLY PROTECT YOU." Just a little stress I've put on her over the years. Glad to see it's paying off.

    And everyone knows I'm from the 'hood. Of COURSE I know the words, yo. G! And props for actually posting something that happened less than 24 hours after it happened. (We had a great time, too.)

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Blogger a.maria said…

    wow. killjoy''s a sistah from do 'hood. good to know.

    viper. clair, that poor gir,l is gunna be scarred for life. nicely done.

    ;)

     
  • At 7:45 AM, Blogger Viper said…

    nooooooooo!

    a.maria, Killjoy is as much a "sistah from da 'hood" as Mr. Rodgers!!! Don't let her fool you. First off, she's seriously redheaded and damn near transparent.

    I mean, look at her blogger picture above. IT'S IN COLOR!!!

    William Hung's got more street props than she does.

     
  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger Killjoy said…

    I would reply to this if I COULD STOP LAUGHING. G.

    I was raised inner-city, I know a thing or two about the hood. You know, like where to buy my crack, where to find a pimp, and which areas to completely avoid, which are most of them. I'm proud to say it's this same inner-city that consistantly ranks within the top 5 most dangerous cities and in 2002 it was #1. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6555449/ I just looked at the chart and see Fredericksburg is right between last year's #6 winner of DC and #9 winner of Richmond. I suddenly feel very at home.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home